If you just love to sing and want to be the best you can be, then you’ve got a legitimate goal right there.
You don’t have to have professional aspirations to be a great singer and to share your gift with others.
But if you want to go beyond this, check out these fantastic resources:
- The Ultimate Guide to Singing has an informational-filled chapter on Promotion (Chapter 3) with over a dozen leading Music Industry experts sharing practical ways to promote your music.
- One of my favorite books for the ‘indie artist’ is “Booking, Promoting & Marketing Your Music” by Nyree Belleville.
- Two other interesting books are “Six-Figure Musician – How to Sell More Music, Get More People to Your Shows, and Make More Money in the Music Business” by David Hooper and “Ruthless Self-Promotion in the Music Industry” 2nd Edition by Jeffrey Fisher.
- With the opportunities of the internet to produce and sell your own product via social media, you’ll want to check out “Social Media Mastery” by Tara Ross.
- In order to pursue the next step, you’ve got to know what some of the potential next steps are. Towards this end, another great resource is the book “How to Be A Pop Star” at www.fabjob.com.
Lisa Popeil is one of LA’s top voice coaches with over 40 years of professional teaching experience. As a singer, she’s performed and recorded with Frank Zappa and ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic and her album ‘Lisa Popeil’ was a Billboard ‘Top Album Pick’. Lisa has an MFA in Voice, is the creator of the Voiceworks® Method, and is regularly featured in leading music magazines, journals, books and conferences.