|Published: February 9, 2021|
A Singing Space that Works
It may seem trivial in comparison to finding your next performance opportunity or rehearsing your next song, but creating a space to sing that inspires and feels comfortable is worth the effort.
Here are a few things you can do to your rehearsal space, whether it is an entire room, or just a corner of your bedroom.
- Have an image visible that inspires you. It could be a photo, a painting, or an inspiring quote.
- Tidy up. Even if you like a little clutter, make sure the clutter is clean and dust-free.
- Add an item or a picture that reminds you of a performance of yours that you are proud of.
- Make it comfy! Keep a warm sweater, fan or a cushion to sit on in your practice space.
- Add or remove acoustic absorption. Soft surfaces absorb sound, which can help you bother your neighbors less! Reflective surfaces can help you hear the reverberations of your own voice, which can be nice too. Make adjustments to suit your needs.
Here is something that inspires me – I always keep it nearby wherever I am working:
VP Curriculum, Singdaptive
Tips for Recording Your Voice at Home
Our full-access subscribers have been enjoying the lesson Choosing a Recording Location and Setup by Kaitie Sly, a recording artist and musician at Singdaptive.
Recording Vocals with a USB Mic
Check out this short and informative article on recording vocals with USB Mics by Singdaptive CEO, Kevin Alexander.
Find Backing Tracks for Vocal Recording!
|In this popular article on the Singdaptive blog, we show you ways to find vocal tracks for rehearsing, recording, and performing.|
Singdaptive is the new way to learn singing and reach your singing goals. You’ll receive personal one-on-one coaching through video exchanges with a lead instructor who is supported by a multidisciplinary instructor team. You will do this at your own time and pace. Because we have a diverse team, you can work on any singing-related goals from technique, to performance, recording, vocal health, vocal effects, promotion and more…